Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Senior Analytics and Optimization Engineer to work for one of our clients in New York City, NY on a direct hire basis. Pay range: $130 - $150k + 15% Bonus.
The Senior Analytics and Optimization Engineer will monitor generation performance of operating projects and propose potential improvements to minimize costs, risk, and losses, while maximizing potential generation. This position will report to Senior Director, Engineering.
- Monitor and Ensure data quality across all data acquisition systems, monitoring and SCADA systems to ensure complete and accurate performance data.
- Calculate and report on key power plant metrics to determine the overall health and performance of the assets and generate ad-hoc reports.
- Create and analyze operational and pre-construction energy production estimate models using industry standard programs (PVSyst, OpenWind, WindFarmer, etc).
- Work with internal teams to complete regular performance reports for multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage and oversee third-party reporting, including timely delivery of asset performance reports and Independent Engineering reports by subcontractors/consultants.
- Provide input on forecasted generation for annual operating plan to Asset Management.
- Understand IEC standards for plant performance and advice on implementation of such models.
- Validate and support improvement of lost energy calculation methods.
- Support development and acquisitions efforts.
- Demonstrate a strong alignment with corporate values, including health, safety and environment.
- Excellent understanding of SCADA data and energy production methods.
- Knowledge of data mining, troubleshooting and reporting.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team and to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and planning, prioritizing and organizing abilities.
- Proficiency with database analysis.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications.
- A strong personal commitment to continuous improvement.
- Values excellence in safety and environmental performance.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent technical experience.
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of renewable energy technologies.
- Experience with PVSyst, openWind, WindFarmer, or other energy modeling software.
- Experience with data historians.
- Experience with Power Factors and PI are assets.
- Experience with energy storage technologies and their implementation is an asset.
- Experience in renewable energy development is an asset.
- Direct hire with benefits
- Pay range: $130-$150k + 15% Bonus
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.