8 months ago
Temp to Perm
POSITION SUMMARY: The Wholesale Operations clerk services customer needs at the Front Desk in a fast-paced environment.
· Sell products to customers at the wholesale desk.
· Prepare orders for customers often requiring freezer runs for wholesale customers.
· Cleans area of assignment.
· Responsible for cash transactions of retail and wholesale customers.
· Takes telephone sales orders and expedites these orders in an efficient and timely manner.
· Stock’s bread and other refrigerator products for use in daily sales.
· Keeps accurate and legible account of orders and sales transactions in writing.
· Responsible for keeping the desk area neat, clean and orderly.
· Follows GMP’s standards.
· Follows safety guidelines established by Piantedosi Baking Company in accordance with OSHA.
· Completes other tasks and assignments as required and needed.
· Must have 1+ years of experience in sales or service environment.
· Forklift or pallet Jack experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
· Requires the use of English.
· Basic math skills required - such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
· Verbal and written communications skills required to handle customers face-to-face and on the phone.
· Must possess high level of energy, excellent customer awareness and an ability to solve problems.
· Frequent bending.
· Frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds (often overhead);
· Constant walking.
· Continuous standing.
· Frequent pushing and pulling of bakery equipment.
· Frequent reaching and climbing.
· Close and distance vision required.
· Frequent loud to moderate noises.
· Extreme temperature fluctuations from very hot (up to 110° and high humidity) to freezer conditions (0°