US$20 - US$23 per hour + Bonus
5 months ago
The Safety Officer monitors workplace activities to promote and ensure employee compliance with applicable safety regulations.
- Identifies opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems.
- Conducts employee client specific orientations, trainings, and re-trainings on applicable safety standards.
- Reviews safety training and recommends revisions, improvements, and updates.
- Conducts safety inspections and audits to assess employee compliance with safety regulations.
- Inspects safety equipment; recommends replacements.
- Drafts and implements internal safety standards and policies.
- Report injuries in real time in accordance with company policy
- Reviews accidents and incidents reported by employees and conduct investigations as appropriate
- Participate in weekly branch specific claim review
- Provide root cause analysis investigations
- Follow up with injured workers as needed
- Coordinate and Supervise Light Duty assignments for injured workers
- Conduct Safety Training for account managers and recruiters in Train the Trainer style sessions
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Extensive knowledge of company safety policies and applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct training.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Health and Safety, Environmental Health, or related field preferred
- Health and safety certification preferred.
- One year of related experience required.
- Ability to travel throughout facility to conduct safety inspections.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or other protected classification.