11 months ago
The Quality Technician role is responsible for final inspection and approval of all outgoing parts. In this role you will be responsible for all dimensional and visual inspection of in-process and finished parts, the creation of standard inspection documents and final release of product.
The role is an exciting opportunity to join a global, dynamic, Hi-Tech team, supporting the semi-conductor, optical, and LED industries. We are an industry leader in development and manufacturer of high temperature, ultra-pure ceramic materials manufactured through CVD processes.
- Dimensional inspection of all parts to ensure they meet customer requirements. Inspection to include dimensional measurements made via CMM, calipers, micrometers, etc
- Responsible for final review and release of customer parts. Includes both dimensional inspection data and visual inspection.
- Create and maintain CMM inspection programs from customer drawings and CAD models
- Work with Quality Manager on inspection system projects such as data collection, implementing SPC, gage R&R, etc
- Implement and maintain internal calibration procedures for CMM and applicable inspection tools
- Create and maintain standard work for part-specific inspection requirements
- Create and maintain inspection work instructions as needed
- Identify and segregate all nonconforming materials discovered during incoming inspection
- Assist with RC/CA investigations and communicate findings to necessary parties
- Lasermarking of finished parts as required
- Creation of final inspection reports for customer orders
- Track and monitor inspection times for high-volume parts
- Works with Fabrication Team to support in-process and first article inspections of new parts
- Arrange outside vendor services and ensure Morgan requirements are accurately communicated
- Comply with Morgan’s established QMS policies and procedures
- Maintain 6S activities in QC lab; assist in 6S audits as necessary.
- Participate in daily planning meetings and Material Review Board
- Perform various tasks and all other duties as required/assigned by Department Supervisor.
- Conduct all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all local, state, and federal EHS regulations and with Morgan Hudson EHS Guidelines. Guidelines include but not limited to participation in required EHS training and use of proper PPE. Employees are responsible for operating in a safe and ethical manner as well as report any unsafe or hazardous conditions and job-related injuries or illnesses to their supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Associates or B.S. degree preferred
- 1-year related experience required
- CMM proficiency is required
- Ability to review and interpret customer drawings
- Experience with PC-DMIS or Calypso software
- Experience making mechanical measurements using calipers, micrometers, etc
- Basic understanding of quality management systems in an ISO 9001/AS 9100 is desired
- Experience with developing/documenting procedures is preferred
- Experience developing and maintaining databases is preferred
- Experience with Minitab is preferred
- Must be able to carry out written, oral, or diagram form instructions
Individual must be a:
- Citizen of the United States, or
- Permanent resident alien of the United States, or
- Protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) as defined by 22CFR120.15
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with high performance teams.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma principles desired (control charts, Cp, Cpk, etc)
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word-Processing and spreadsheet (Excel) software.
- Must be able to clearly present ideas and reports in written and verbal format.
- Must be able to work well with subordinates, peers and supervisors in all departs of the company.
- Must be able to work well with external contacts of the company.
- Minitab experience desired.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to talk or hear.
- Required to pass eye tests.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Required to use finger, handle, feel & reach with hands & arms.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.