US$50000 - US$60000 per year
over 1 year ago
The Quality Manager is responsible for:
- Responsible for implementation of the food safety plan in production to ensure that all prerequisite programs, preventive controls, and critical control points perform within expected standards.
- Train production personnel on Food Safety programs.
- Responsible for process and sanitation preventive controls
- Be able to successfully identify when quality control measures are needed and follow through as required.
- Conduct pre-operational and operational inspections daily to ensure a sanitary production environment.
- Monitor operational cleaning by sanitation for compliance to established SSOP's. Document infractions, corrective actions and preventative action on SSOP's
- Assist with product non conformities investigation and action plan implementation.
- Monitor raw materials reception and handle internal and external non conformities.
- Implement the environmental monitoring plan
- Work with production to ensure paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Follow up on production documentation, work with production on any product discrepancies to assure proper trace back is maintained and meets food safety requirements.
- Work with the line quality control team to ensure implementation of product specifications
- Perform quality control on finished product(s); investigate product issues identified
- Create and develop baked product quality control database
- Responsible for reviewing results of internal facility and warehouse inspections. Implements corrective and preventive actions for on time completion.
- At minimum, a High School Diploma (or an equivalent such as a GED) is required.
- Experience in quality control and or quality assurance need, preferably in the food industry or pharmaceutical industry.
- Analytical ability and problem solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Good organization, prioritization, multi-tasking and attention to detail skills.
- Consistent and punctual attendance.
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- PCQI or HACCP training definitely a plus
- Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee will be required to stand; use hands, handle or feel or reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to walk, talk, and hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move 25 pounds. While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving parts and a standard production environment as well as a cold, freezer environment. The noise level is usually moderate to very high. Ability to use a wide variety of production equipment.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.