Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking Quality Inspectors with aerospace background to work 2nd shift for one of our clients in East Hartford, CT on a direct hire basis.
To perform all aspects necessary that the required inspections are used in the manufacturing of aerospace components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check all work by mechanical and electronic inspection methods on the production parts, subassemblies, details or components as production progresses to determine accuracy and completeness of layouts and correctness of machining or other processing.
- Able to use inspection tools and gages, such as scribes, vernier calipers, height gages, depth gages, micrometers, cylindrical plugs and thread gages, periphery or PI tapes, decimal scales, indicators, inspection fixtures, coordinate measuring machine and other automated measuring devices.
- Perform floor or machine inspection.
- Perform bench inspection of machined rings, spinning, forgings, castings, subassemblies and assemblies.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspection of welds prior to testing.
- Responsible for writing the rework procedure when the parts are nonconforming.
- Demonstrate a good mechanical aptitude.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience.
- Knowledgeable in the use of "V" blocks, joblocks, knees, planer and thread gages.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and blueprints.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before employees in the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, electrical equipment, acetone, alcohol, argon, braze alloys, nitrogen, hydrogen, oil based lubricants and cleaning solutions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moderate cold and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually middling.
- Must be able to pass an eye exam on an annual basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and have the ability hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop or crouch.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to thirty (30) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Direct hire with benefits
- 2nd shift available
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.