For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a R&D Engineer in Shelton, CT.
As a (an) R&D Engineer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to research and development project team member responsible for executing the mechanical design and engineering analysis and design work with direct supervision and detailed instructions.
- Driven self-starter, requiring minimal supervision; with a willingness and ability to assume increased responsibility.
- Ability to work effectively as a contributing team member, with a demonstrated ability to interact with peers and surgeons.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills, including presentations, design reviews, DHF documents, and technical reports.
- Ability to function well under pressure and expend effort to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to work in a regulated environment with an understanding of design and quality control systems.
- Ability to perform and assist with research and testing required for the definition and validation of new and existing products.
- Desire to attend spine surgery and assist Engineering & Marketing groups in obtaining product knowledge, including the identification of new product opportunities and formulation of strategies.
- Knowledge of dimensioning and tolerancing of parts to ensure manufacturability.
- Proficiency in computer application skills, including CAD, Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSMET, BS or Mechanical, Biomedical, Aerospace or Materials Engineering, (Advanced Degrees Encouraged).
- Entry-level development position, 0+ years' experience.
- Orthopaedic Lab/Coursework and CADD Experience Desirable
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Shelton, CT.
- Salary: $70-110K
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.