Lighthouse Professional Services is currently seeking a Quality Control Manager to work for one of our clients in Bridgeport, CT on a direct hire basis.
The Quality Control Manager will assume the leadership position for the Quality program in getting NADCAP certified and then pursuing other certifications. The Quality Manger will be the company interface with customers on all Quality issues. The successful candidate will have a proven record of leadership abilities, administrative skills, and knowledge of the principles of quality control.
- Will become familiar with the services our client provides and develop knowledge of their processes.
- Will acquire any necessary skills or training for contract review, lot sampling plans and production planning. His duties will include training any personnel (planners, inspectors and department supervisors) that need an understanding of company procedures.
- Will review customer purchase orders for services requested, any special handling of their product, and accuracy of any certification requirements requested on the purchase order.
- Will assume responsibility for the management of chemical inventory including: ordering, proper handling, storage, and removal of empty containers.
- Will acquire any special certifications necessary in handling of chemical inventory, proper management of any accidental spills, and cleanup of the spilled material. This includes any reports necessary for the cleanup and report to the DEP.
- Will assume the responsibility for our Wastewater Treatment System: its' proper functioning, indicators, and chart recorders. He will receive any necessary training in waste management and certifications where required.
- The manager will schedule solid waste removal by a certified carrier to a disposal site. This function includes proper labeling of each bag, movement of the solid waste to the carrier at our dock, signing all necessary documents for material content and manifests required per our permit.
- Will maintain logs for the weekly chemical analysis of the processing tanks, weekly water sampling required per our permit, safety equipment issued to the employees, and the reporting of any work-related accidents that might occur during the work shift.
- Will maintain a log for inspection of production equipment, and scheduled maintenance. This includes blowers, pumps, and boilers. Also included is all emergency fire management and safety equipment. Any malfunction of equipment will be immediately noted and brought to the attention of company management. The Quality Manager has the authority when necessary to schedule outside contractors to repair any malfunctioning equipment when immediate action is necessary.
- Will be second in responsibility to the Operations/Environmental Manager as in charge of emergency coordinator for preparedness, prevention, and contingency planning. Will receive any training/and or certification considered necessary to this job description.
- Will be responsible for Lockout/Tagout Program - any equipment not in use will be tagged when not in use/servicing/maintaining and remove tag before re-initiating service.
- Will perform employee performance evaluations with the General Manager.
- Will be part of the Planning/Management Review Team.
- NADCAP Requirements
- Hazard Communication Program - Chemical Awareness & PPE
- 1st shift
- Direct hire + benefits
- Salary range $65 - 70K (maybe slightly more for the ideal candidate)
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.