Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Quality Control Inspector to work 2nd shift for one of our clients in Agawam, MA on a temp to hire basis.
The purpose of this job description is to establish and define the authority, accountability, reporting relationships, responsibilities, duties, and measures of performance of the QC Inspectors for the company. The QC inspector reports to, and is accountable to the QC Manager.
- 5+ years of experience for setting up, and inspecting all critical dimensions on various types of aerospace parts.
- 5+ years of experience inspecting gold plated and chem filmed parts for plating quality.
- 5+ years of experience inspecting soldered feed-thrus in Hermetic housings to specific standards.
- 5+ years of experience inspecting laser welded & laser cut parts dimensionally and visually to specific criteria.
- Plating and mechanical inspection.
- Ability to work independently on a Zeiss Bridge CMM.
- IPC is a plus.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of operating a manual CMM and visual CMM.
- Knowledge of using a microscope to inspect parts for defects.
- Knowledge of using various tools (gage pins, thread gages, micrometer, visual CMM etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize a computer and associated software.
- Able to create a standard inspection report as well as First Article Inspection Report.
- Knowledge of calibration of small tools.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Prolonged periods of sitting and standing
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Vision and depth perception suitable for use of inspection microscopes
- 6 month temp to hire
- 2nd shift, 2:30pm - 1:30am
- Pay range: $20 - 26/hour (depending on experience)
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.