this is a perm position 70 to 80K
The Quality Assurance Technician will be responsible for reviewing websites and web-based applications to identify problems with content, layout, and browser related issues. Our ideal candidate is someone who is very thorough, who pays attention to small details, and has a talent for identifying usability issues. Responsibilities include:
- Review websites for grammatical or consistency problems.
- Review websites for compliance with brand standards, general programming best practices, and any other standards set forth by content owners.
- Planning, creating, and executing manual and automated test plans.
- Record and document testing results.
- Generate reports and recommendations based on test results.
- Work with developers to ensure that bugs are fixed and website quality exceeds defined standards.
- Participate in planning meetings.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date industry skills in quality assurance and testing methodologies.
- Participate in teaching others the QA processes and technologies and the appropriate areas in which they should be applied.
- 4 to 5 years experience in a quality testing position reviewing web content, design, UX and/or application functionality.
- Knowledge of web content management concepts and terminology.
- Basic understanding of HTML.
- Experience testing multiple browsers for cross browser inconsistencies.
- Experience in a copywriting or editing role would be ideal.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Obsessive attention to detail, ensuring that pages look correct, code is clean, content makes sense and pages adhere to brand guide.
- Superior written and verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with a team and collaborate with others.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.