US$55 - US$75 per hour
over 1 year ago
Job Title: Project Manager - Pharmaceutical Facilities
Working directly for a specific Pfizer Program Manager, manage the development, design and construction of major building projects as required in support of Pfizer Global Research and Development business goals and objectives. Provide oversight, counsel and advice to Program Managers, and Facilities Solutions leadership on proposed capital projects.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Incorporate supervisory and established project management and technical skills and the ability to communicate plan and organize effectively with colleagues, staff, management, architects, engineers, outside contractors and regulatory agencies.
- Although reporting directly to Pfizer Program Manager, position requires established influencing abilities, sound judgment and the ability to act effectively with a high degree of independence.
- Established ability to manage a variety of projects at one time and bring them to completion.
- Develop and track CPA's (Capital Project Appropriation) as required.
- Provide direction towards solutions of technical problems. Identify, evaluate, and implement the use of technology and methods to improve Pfizer facilities and operations.6. Encourage and interact with clients, developing new business relationship, goals and objectives.
- Provide input for Monthly FS Department Meeting
- Provide direct project management services on major facilities projects including design, construction and contract administration. Assume responsibility for project execution, including coordination of technical, financial and contracted resources toward achievement of stated goals. Utilize FS Procedures.
- Develop project approval strategies and provide direction for preparation of Capital Project Appropriation (CPA).
- Establish Project Specific Design Basis.4. Lead design and construction teams that consist of Pfizer staff, architects, engineers and construction managers during project scope development, design, construction, commissioning, start-up and occupancy activities. Perform constructability reviews.
- Assume responsibility for satisfying FS and Pfizer Leadership and customer expectations through effective design solutions and construction methods on all projects assigned.
- Provide direction to Pfizer staff for various facilities/equipment related project issues, including life safety, value management, environmental, risk management, project auditing, health safety, legal and operations maintenance.
- Provide direction required for compliance with State and local Building Codes, Department of Environmental Protection, USDA, FDA and OSHA regulations on construction projects assigned.
- Provide direction for preparation of documents and submission of applications for all building permits required to execute construction for all projects assigned. Correspond with and influence City and State building officials to resolve any zoning, building code and life safety issues.
- Lead project procurement, working in concert with Pfizer Procurement. Establish approved bid list, generate proposals, lead review and evaluation of proposals from design and construction management companies and recommend best qualified company/companies to provide services for projects assigned.
- Develop and manage approved budgets. Include monthly cost updates. Generate all required purchase orders, processing in a timely fashion working with project assistant. Ensure complete close-out of all purchase orders, including retainage, all waivers of lien, guarantee and warranty costs.
- Provide direction for scheduling and logistic plans and assume responsibility for the timely and efficient completion (Project Close-out) of projects within Pfizer Standards and Guidelines for all construction projects assigned. Track and monitor approved schedules, completing monthly updates of all projects.
- Ensure that proper safety plans have been implemented for all projects.
- Compile and present monthly updates to a Pfizer Leadership regarding estimated costs, current project status, highlights, schedules, trends and potential problems on assigned projects.
- Assist Pfizer in conceptually developing projects, including need and value management. Assist Pfizer Workplace Strategist with budget and schedule information for project development or inclusion in yearly budgets.
- If applicable, complete task identified under Project Coordinator role.16. Develop and recommend long and short-range plans for improving and expanding discovery and develop laboratory facilities, infrastructure facilities and administration and office facilities required for Pfizer strategic initiatives.
PREFERRED JOB-RELATED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent. 8 to 12 years of project engineering and multi-faceted construction experience.
- Ability to supervise and provide direction for project engineering resources.
- 3 years' experience in a leadership position in an engineering or project management environment.
- Experience working at a Pfizer Research site or comparable large Pharma. Research site.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Ariba, and Microsoft Project.
- Project Engineering serves the Pfizer Scientific Community by completing Capital and Expense projects. These construction projects will range in scope, duration and complexity. As such, work is/can be dictated by required shutdowns, after-hour work, weekend work, and holiday shutdown work. Due to this, it is the responsibility of this individual to coordinate all vacation and personal time around these "opportunities" to ensure proper coverage of management and field personnel.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.