Lighthouse Professional Services is seeking a Project Manager to work for one of our client's in Andover, MA.
This position would be responsible for managing the development, design and construction of major and minor building renovation projects. Experience managing pharmaceutical lab construction projects in occupied space is ideal.
- Provide direct project management services on major and minor facilities projects including design, construction and contract administration. Assume responsibility for project execution, including coordination of technical, financial and contracted resources toward achievement of stated goals utilizing Facilities Solutions procedures.
- Incorporate supervisory and established project management and technical skills and the ability to communicate, plan, and organize effectively with colleagues, staff, management, architects, engineers, outside contractors and regulatory agencies.
- Although reporting directly to a Program Manager, the position requires established influencing abilities, sound judgment and the ability to act effectively with a high degree of independence.
- Established ability to manage a variety of projects at one time and bring them to completion on time, under budget and safely.
- Provide direction towards solutions of technical problems. Identify, evaluate, and implement the use of technology and methods to improve facilities and operations.
- Encourage and interact with clients, developing new business relationship, goals and objectives.
- Working with the Program Manager, develop project funding strategies and prepare Capital Project Appropriation (CPA requests).
- Lead design and construction teams that consists of staff, architects, engineers and construction managers during project scope development, design, construction, commissioning, start-up, and occupancy activities. Perform constructability reviews.
- Assume responsibility for satisfying expectations through effective design solutions and construction methods on all projects assigned.
- Provide direction to staff for various facilities/equipment related project issues, including life safety, value management, environmental, risk management, project auditing, health safety, legal and operations maintenance.
- Provide direction required for compliance with State and local building codes, Department of Environmental Protection, USDA, FDA and OSHA regulations on construction projects assigned.
- Provide direction for preparation of documents and submission of applications for all building permits required to execute construction for all projects assigned. Correspond with and influence City and State building officials to resolve any zoning, building code and life safety issues.
- Working in concert with procurement, lead the project procurement effort. Establish an approved bid list utilizing the approved bidders list, generate proposals, lead the review and evaluation of proposals from design and construction management companies and recommend best qualified company/companies to provide services for projects assigned.
- Develop and manage approved project budgets. Develop monthly cost forecasts incorporating committed, actual, and anticipated costs. Generate all required purchase orders and Statements of Work, utilizing Ariba system. Process them in a timely fashion and ensure complete close-out of all purchase orders, including retainage, all waivers of lien, guarantee and warranty costs.
- Provide direction for scheduling and logistic plans and assume responsibility for the timely and efficient completion (project close-out) of projects within Standards and Guidelines for all construction projects assigned. Track and monitor approved schedules, completing monthly updates of all projects.
- Ensure that proper safety plans have been implemented for all projects.
- Compile and present monthly updates to a Leadership regarding current cost and schedule forecasts, current project status, highlights, trends and potential problems on assigned projects.
- Oversee construction activity including leading weekly project meetings, assuring safety and quality of all work performed and no impact on research.
- Assist in conceptually developing projects, including need, ROI and value management.
- Assist Workplace Strategist with budget and schedule information for project development or inclusion in yearly budgets.
- Develop and recommend long and short range plans for improving and expanding discovery and develop laboratory facilities, infrastructure facilities and administration and office facilities required for strategic initiatives.
- Assist/Participate in FS team initiatives - project guidelines, etc.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- 10+ years of project engineering and multi-faceted construction experience.
- Experience managing pharmaceutical lab construction projects.
- 3 years of experience in a leadership position in an engineering or project management environment.
- Facilities and/or chemical plant experience a plus.
- Ability to supervise and provide direction for project engineering resources.
- Experience working at a research site or comparable large pharma research site.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Ariba and Microsoft Project.
- Long term contract assignment
- Pay rate: $60 - 70/hour
Monroe Staffing Services is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.