12 months ago
Temp to Perm
The Production Technician is a member of Operations, providing technical support for production on equipment and yield problems. The role is an exciting opportunity to join a global, dynamic, Hi-Tech team, supporting the medical and aerospace industries. We are the industry leader in development and manufacturer of ceramic to metal seals for both Aerospace and Medical markets. We help improve the quality of life with our implantable medical components, and we ensure the safety of travelers by developing multiple components for the Aerospace industry.
- Performs various tasks as assigned by Department Supervisor.
- Records test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data and recommendations for changes in product or test method.
- Perform and assist with new product development.
- Perform maintenance to equipment when needed
- Conduct all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all local, state, and federal EHS regulations and with Morgan New Bedford, MA EHS Guidelines. Guidelines include but not limited to participation in required EHS training and use of proper PPE. Employees are responsible for reporting hazardous conditions and job-related injuries or illnesses to their supervisor.
- Reviews production methods and blueprints of existing C-1 ceramics and recommends changes to increase yields and reduce cost.
- Devises, fabricates, and assembles new or modified fixtures for production as needed.
- Sets up and conducts tests of C-1’s to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or other factors, or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
- Analyzes indicated and calculated test results in relation to design or test objectives, and modifies or adjusts equipment to meet specifications.
- Function as a production machinist/inspector as required.
- Write/test new forming jobs on CNC equipment before being released to production.
- Develop detailed and accurate methods to document plating processes from pre-plating cleaning operations through plating evaluation and verification. The methods shall apply for the plating of metal component parts, metalized ceramics, and post braze plating of assemblies.
- Monitor performance of plated metal components, plated metalized ceramics and post braze plated assemblies through solicited feedback from supervisors, engineers and/or managers.
- Makes necessary adjustments to plating process to achieve satisfactory results, or recommend changes in design or specifications.
- Perform experimentation as required by supervisors, engineers, or managers. Experiments shall be reviewed and approved by Process/Product Engineer..
- Develop plating processes for new metal component parts, metalized ceramics, and post braze plating assemblies working with supervisors, product engineers, and/or manufacturing engineers.
- Ability to understand and perform plating bath monitoring and analysis, bath maintenance and additions, bath make-ups, bath storage, and bath disposal practices to serve as a back-up to the Chemical Technician.
- Ability to monitor wastewater and wastewater treatment as required. Requests to monitor and/or treat wastewater shall be reviewed and approved by Process Engineering Manager.
- Assure, together with production manager/plating engineer and Platers, that the plating and plating room equipment is in proper working order, including, but not limited to ventilation, tank heaters, pumps and filters, floor sumps, bath temperatures, rectifiers, Amp-min. timers, running and still rinses, ultrasonic cleaners, centrifuge dryer, hot air dryers, RO system, barrels and racks. If deficiencies exist, a work order or similar request shall be generated and the production/plating supervisor is notified.
- Maintain calibration and ensure accuracy of operation of XRF Machine.
- Devises, fabricates, machines and assembles new or modified fixtures for production as needed.
- Function as a production machinist/inspector as required.
- Performs dicing as part of the metalizing process.
- Develop and modifies methods and places changes for DCO’s.
- Work with Engineers on new product design.
- Operates Vacuum furnaces or Continuous Furnace and CMM machine when required.
- Assist with all other X-Ray functions including: assembling, cleaning, serializing, and inspection of parts.
- Assist in developing detailed and accurate methods to document Metalizing processes from cleaning operations through Metalizing Inspection. The methods shall apply for the coating of metal parts, metalized ceramics, and any Engineering projects.
- Monitor performance/efficiency of metalized components through solicited feedback from supervisors, engineers and/or managers, and operators.
- Makes recommendations for necessary adjustments to Metalizing process to achieve satisfactory results, or recommend changes in design or specifications.
- Perform experimentation as required by supervisors, engineers, or managers. Experiments shall be reviewed and approved by Process/Product Engineer.
- Assist Engineering in developing processes for new metal component parts, and metalized ceramics, working with supervisors, product engineers, and/or manufacturing engineers.
- Assure, together with Supervisor/Manager that the Metalizing room equipment is in proper working order. If deficiencies exist, a work order or similar request shall be generated and the Metalizing Lead/Supervisor/Manager is notified.
- Trains Operators and potential trainers on all prototype/Engineering builds as they transition to production builds, and production builds.
- Evaluates ET Methodology, makes suggestions, and carries out process details.
- Acts as Liaison between Operators and Engineering
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 3- 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position requires use of Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Individual must be a:
- Citizen of the United States, or
- Permanent resident alien of the United States, or
- Protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) as defined by 22CFR120.15
- Must be able to carry out written, oral, or diagram form instructions.
- Basic math skills.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to talk or hear
- Required to pass eye tests
- Required to stand, walk, and sit
- Required to use finger, handle, feel & reach with hands & arms
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.