about 1 month ago
Prepares dough for baking in accordance with customer specifications and production requirements.
- Arrange product on pans or boards;
- Stretch or cut dough in preparation for baking;
- Discard pieces that do not fit specifications;
- Load racks as needed;
- Inform Supervisor of dough inconsistencies;
- Set up dough alignment on pans or boards;
- Ensure that product is free of foreign matter;
- Ensure ingredient bins are properly labeled;
- Follow all GMP’s, safety, security and allergen policies;
- Complete other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Processing: The operators must know their job and their equipment. They must have an appreciation for other related areas and how they affect production and product quality.
- Product Evaluation: The operators should be knowledgeable as to the product quality standards and be aware of how their performance affects the product quality.
- Production Trends: The operators do not need to know of new trends in the baking industry for performing their job better. They should realize their job may change due to industry trends.
- Standards of Identity: Operators should have general knowledge in order to instill pride in the product they are producing.
- Physical Dough Testing – Crust/Crumb: The operators should know enough about the product to be able to inform the Supervisor when something within the line is malfunctioning and may need to be tested.
- Equipment Operation: Operators must understand and follow the correct safety, operation and sanitation procedures for the equipment they are responsible for operating.
- Food Product Safety: Operators must understand the food safety principles in their area of responsibility.
- Other Identified Competencies: The operators must have a good understanding and observance of the Company’s safety and plant rules; participate fully in the Company’s quality program and GMP’s; have a good attendance record; follow directions explicitly; have a good attitude and be responsible for their actions.
- Member of Safety Team.
- Represents regulatory compliance and food safety responsibility.
- Accountable for ensuring adherence to production GMP standards.
- Frequent bending;
- Frequent lifting;
- Frequent walking;
- Continuous standing;
- Infrequent talking;
- Continuous hearing;
- Frequent pushing and pulling of bread racks, bread trays;
- Frequent reaching;
- Close and distance vision required.
- Frequent loud to moderate noises;
- Extreme temperature fluctuations from very hot (up to 110° and high humidity) to freezer conditions (0° Fahrenheit).