$15 - $20 per hour
4 months ago
Temp to Perm
Production Operator/Machine Operator
Day and Night shifts
DIRECT HIRE POSITIONS
The Production Operator, by visual inspection, ensures that all products are being manufactured and packaged according to company quality standards and guidelines in a safe and efficient manner. The Production Operator is responsible for setting aside product that has irregularities that does not meet quality standards.
Essential Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for performing quality control inspections of product for defects and irregularities against company standards.
- Responsible for receiving, examining, sorting, arranging, counting, weighing, and packing items for storage and shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer requirements.
- Reports damaged goods, quality issues or reject conditions to appropriate personnel.
- Completes relevant documentation as necessary and appropriate.
- Ensures work area is maintained in order and is free of unused items, carts, machinery not in use to mitigate safety hazards and maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Minimizes product damage caused by warehouse activity through safe work practices.
- Performs other job-related duties as required and/or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to read and understand written documents, such as safety rules and operating and maintenance instructions.
- Ability to count and perform simple mathematics (e.g., subtraction, multiplication, division).