For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Materials Handler in Shelton, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Materials Handler your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Under general supervision performs a variety of diversified tasks involved in material handling or other warehouse / distribution activity.
- Also performs inventory transaction activities associated with these-tasks (i.e., record keeping, status reports. etc.)
- Key Responsibilities may include but are not limited to: Receives packs, unpacks, moves/lifts, locates, identifies issues and ships variety of materials and packages.
- Locates items in proper stocking location in warehouse.
- Generates Customer order pick lists and packing lists.
- Picks and packs materials for Customer orders.
- Verifies that the appropriate materials are handled and takes corrective action when materials are improperly stored. transferred or identified.
- Checks, verifies and corrects errors in the stocking process.
- Includes physical movement of items as well as processing updates to inventory system.
- Inputs and retrieves data via SAP and ancillary systems Handles and stores hazardous materials in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Picks, counts/weighs, packs, records, audits and processes inventory transactions.
- May be leader of a process / train lower level material handlers
- Maintains a safe, orderly work area. May be required to communicate an awareness of general safety practices.
- Meets established standards of accuracy and quality
- May operate forklifts and/or powered pallet trucks
- Inventory control and reconciliation
High school graduate 3 to 5 years previous experience in material handling or other warehouse / distribution activity.
- Must have experience with preparing and or interpreting material reports and a basic understanding of materials systems.
- Use / learn to use power equipment for movement of materials,
- Use /learn to use warehouse operating system and shipment processing systems,
- Process / learn to process hazardous material shipments in accordance with standards.
- General PC skills including Microsoft Office-Excel Word..)
- Duration: 3-month contract
- Location: Shelton, CT.
- Salary: $18-21hr.
- Shift Hours: 10:30 am - 6:30 pm - additional hours will be available and support will be needed.
- Period: 09/03/2019 to 04/03/2020
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.