US$32 - US$55.00 per hour
29 days ago
JOB TITLE: PRINCIPAL ENGINEER
The Principal Engineer will be responsible for leading and developing the engineering projects, including directing, coordinating and exercising authority for planning, organization, leadership and completion of engineering projects. The Principal Engineer will coordinate programs and activities to achieve timely resolution to manufacturing problems and new process launches. The Principal Engineer will provide technical expertise in collaboration with managers in reviewing sales opportunities to ascertain and develop proposed manufacturing solutions. The Principal Engineer will be accountable for the development of manufacturing capabilities and for ensuring proper manufacturing processing to obtain maximum productivity and quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sales and New Business Opportunities
- Serve as first line technical support for new business opportunities
- Responsible for pricing custom solutions
- Consult with sales leadership in setting accurate expectations regarding solution viability, pricing and delivery timelines for new opportunities
- General Engineering
- Determine the costs and pricing for new production parts
- Develop new manufacturing processes and improve existing production processes
- Provide technical support for new technical processes and production quality issues
- Providing engineering support for machinery, fabrication and process issues where required
- Provide necessary engineering drawings, and production details for all products
- Ensure necessary drawings and production work instructions are updated correctly when changes are required
- Develop original bill of materials and direct labor costs on all new product lines or processes
- Provide engineering specifications, vendor qualifications and sourcing capabilities necessary for purchasing to obtain competitive bids for all materials, equipment, parts and tools
- Manage all new engineering and research projects
- Research new equipment and manufacturing processes for new and existing product lines.
- Strategy & Development
- Prepare technical information for sales literature and support product positioning initiatives
- Participate and lead in continuous improvement training and development
- Participate as part of management team in attaining the successful implementation of AS9100 Certification.
- People Management
- Manage and develop engineering projects
- Provide technical expertise
- Relationship Management
- Work as part of the management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimize results and improve on time delivery and quality.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects, and communicate the impact on manufacturing operations
QUALIFICATIONS, (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES)
- Proven experience as an Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer
- Relevant engineering degree
- Experience with CAD software, assemblies, assembly drawings, and mechanical drawings
- Significant experience in a manufacturing business (experience with metals a must)
- Conscientious and responsible
- A keen eye for detail and a results driven approach
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Understanding of Lean/Continuous Improvement principles
- Strong understanding of GD&T
- Safety coordinator
Reports to the Director of Operations. Works in conjunction with Quality, Production and Finance leaders to achieve Company objectives and execute on agreed priorities.
Staffing 360 Solutions and its offerings are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.