5 months ago
Sophisticated supplier of custom precision sheet metal manufacturing and related value-added services from single piece to high volume production in North America is seeking an experienced Press Break Operator.
The right candidate must be experienced, dependable, works great in teams as well as independently, has a great sense of pride, and is willing to represent our company by adhering to our high standards and policies.
Class A Operator: Qualified to perform complex jobs with 3 or more non-typical bends and or set ups.
Sets up and operates power brake to bend, notch, punch, form or straighten metal plates or sheet metal and structural shapes to blueprint or product specifications. We have positions available on 1st shift Mon-Fri 7-3:30 pm.
- Read and understand product documentation used in the manufacturing operation to form stock
to required product specifications.
- Select, position, and align dies, secure dies to the appropriate thickness of the metal, positioning the workpiece manually to align layout marks to dies.
- Set stops on machine bed and reposition stock to run successive pieces or multiple operations.
- Verify dimensions of work piece using calibrated measuring equipment.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the machine and general work area. Perform routine maintenance of the machine ensuring that the fluid levels are maintained, tooling is in good working order and all safety features are working properly.
- Notify area Manager and or Quality when corrective action is required.
- Must have the ability to receive and maintain operator self-inspection stamp to meet quality expectations.
- Verify that Operation Steps indicated on the Job Traveler have been signed off prior to beginning the job.
- Complete job travelers and ensure job paperwork follows parts through the manufacturing process.
- Enter labor into the manufacturing system via barcode prior to releasing product to the next operation.
- Responsible for the quality and adequacy of own work.
- Adherence to the Company’s Personnel Policies & Procedures; follows Safe Distance Principles for Safety
- Perform Daily checks as defined in FM- PM- 02 Brakes Preventive Maintenance
- Perform machine specific monthly maintenance as defined in FM- PM- 02 Brakes Preventive Maintenance
Ability to follow instructions verbal and or written
Ability to program, setup and operate machines in a safe and responsible manner
Maintains accurate and complete records
Must be able to stand for an 8–10-hour shift
Lifting capabilities 15-20 lbs repeatedly with maximum lifting of 50 lbs
Range of Motion: Bending, walking, reaching
Safety glasses with side shield while on the production floor
Education and or Experience
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent and 1 year sheet metal fabrication experience- Class B Operator
Class A Operator- 3 years experience sheet metal fabrication