Planner / Scheduler - 12 Month +
This role will support Utility Operation's Capital and O & M projects from conception to delivery and duties may include, but will not be limited to, development of schedules; reporting; assisting in the preparation of presentations; tracking progress; analyzing schedules. The successful candidate must have the ability to manage project schedules from planning, scheduling, resource loading, earned value management and tracking milestones. This candidate must be have the engineering knowledge to fully understand projects, to estimate utility projects and to provide technical support.
- Support project managers and engineers for capital and O & M projects including planning, scheduling, schedule forecasting and analyzing, and closeout for Utility Operations.
- Directs the overall project plan and project schedule to establish milestone compliance measures and insure project completion on time while coordinating with engineering, design and project management.
- Oversee monthly inputs from the various leads (engineering, project management, subcontractors and sites) to identify and mitigate schedule risks.
- Generate project schedules, update tracking tools for the Operations Support Services Group, analyze schedule information, provide actionable recommendations and generate required reports.
- Demonstrate knowledge of PM and/or industry standard methodologies and tools and provide technical expertise to projects.
- Coordinate and correlate schedule information with cost and resources to provide resource loaded schedules as needed based on project requirements.
- Coordinate project reporting to leads, monitor deliverables; coordinate work within or between departments.
- Generate and distribute monthly progress reports for project status including updated schedules by project owner, project region and individual project schedules, identified work delays and any other relevant project information.
- Review and analyze third party schedules for critical path, logic ties, etc.
- Implement process improvements to meet quality standards, performs feasibility studies and solves basic problems.
- Maintain the reports relative to progress / productivity, and project forecasts, to assist the Lead and Project Manager.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interface and coordinate work on a daily basis with other Authority divisions and external organizations.
- Effective communication and writing skills.
- Ability to view tasks logically, break them down into essential requirements, and generate a solution to meet the project goals.
- Ability to handle smaller projects from start to finish.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal daily supervision.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Primavera P6 is required. Must be able to create and maintain EPS, WBS, and resources in Primavera to provide actionable feedback to stakeholders regarding milestone adherence, resource loading and Earned Value.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products and at a minimum, be able to create pivot tables to manipulate raw data from various other sources.
- Knowledge of SAP/MS project is a plus but not a requirement.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and/or Construction Management.
- 5-7 years related utility, construction management or planning experience, is essential in the development, evaluation, and presentation of materials to employees in mandated technical areas.
- Field experience preferred.
Monroe Staffing Services is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.