$15.00 per hour
4 months ago
Temp to Perm
Packers, by visual inspection, ensure that all products are being manufactured and packaged according to company quality standards and guidelines in a safe and efficient manner. Packers are responsible for setting aside product that has irregularities that does not meet quality standards.
Essential Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for performing quality control inspections of product for defects and irregularities against company standards.
- Responsible for receiving, examining, sorting, arranging, counting, weighing, and packing items for storage and shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer requirements.
- Reports damaged goods, quality issues or reject conditions to appropriate personnel.
- Completes relevant documentation as necessary and appropriate.
- Ensures work area is maintained in order and is free of unused items, carts, machinery not in use to mitigate safety hazards and maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Minimizes product damage caused by warehouse activity through safe work practices.
- Performs other job-related duties as required and/or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to read and understand written documents, such as safety rules and operating and maintenance instructions.
- Ability to count and perform simple mathematics (e.g., subtraction, multiplication, division).