6 months ago
The Finish Handler sorts finished bread products ensuring that it meets quality standards and specifications. Packs finished bread products according to customer requirements.
- Packages product 35 – 60 minutes after bake once product reaches room temperature or an internal temperature of 95 to 105° ;
- Checks size and weights according to customer and quality specifications;
- Packages product using kwik-loks, poly bags, film and other packaging materials as determined by customer order and specifications;
- Discards product that does not meet proper standards;
- Checks and records case count;
- Checks and verifies label for accuracy;
- If preparing for shipping – shrink-wraps pallet from bottom to middle and middle to top;
- Ensures that product is free of foreign matter;
- Ensures ingredient bins are properly labeled;
- Follows all GMP’s, safety, security and allergen policies;
- Keeps work area neat and clean;
- Completes other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Member of Safety Team.
- Represents regulatory compliance and food safety responsibility.
- Accountable for ensuring adherence to packaging GMP standards
- Very frequent bending;
- Frequent lifting – often up to 40 pounds or more;
- Frequent walking;
- Continuous standing;
- Infrequent talking;
- Continuous hearing;
- Frequent pushing and pulling of trays, racks, boxes and other bakery equipment.
- Frequent reaching;
- Close and distance vision required
- Frequent loud to moderate noises;
- Extreme temperature fluctuations from very hot (up to 110° and high humidity) to freezer conditions (0° Fahrenheit).