Lighthouse Professional Services is seeking a Packaging Lab Technician to work for one of our clients in Trumbull, CT on a temporary basis.
The primary function of this position is to complete lab testing on various bottle resins for personal care products. This will include reading and understanding test protocols, filling and conditioning bottles to set up for tests, learning and operating package testing equipment and completing reports for each test performed.
- Education: B.S. Degree (Packaging or Engineering/Science equivalent).
- Experience: 2-3 years of experience working in a lab environment with packaging materials.
- Must have operable computer software skills: Word processing (Word), Spreadsheets (Excel), Presentations (PowerPoint), email (Outlook).
- Effective verbal & written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to create technical testing reports with detailed documentation.
- Must have the ability to work independently, but also develop and maintain good working relationships and operate well in a team environment.
- Must operate in an ethical manner, exhibiting self-confident integrity demonstrating a positive approach to conduct & communications.
- Knowledge and basic technical competence in fabrication of plastic components such as injection molding & blow molding is preferred.
Assignment will be a total of 16 weeks (4 months): starting July 29th and ending November 14th.
Work schedule for the first 6 weeks July 29th - September 5th: 20-25 hours/week
5-7 hours per day Monday - Thursday, no work on Fridays.
Work schedule for the last 10 weeks, September 9th - November 14th: 10-15 hours/week
Specific days and durations will be determined by the tests being performed, no work on Fridays.
- 4 month contract assignment
- Pay: up to $18/hour
Lighthouse Professional Services offers competitive pay and a full benefits package including health insurance, 401K, weekly direct deposit and more! We work with Fortune 500 clients all over the East Coast offering staffing services for full-time and contract assignments.
Monroe Staffing Services is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.