US$37440 - US$41600 per year
about 1 year ago
This job description is intended to define the role of Onsite Coordinator as defined by general duties in all branch offices of the Commercial Staffing (CS) division of Staffing 360 Solutions. It may be combined with other job descriptions as needed based on individual branch and market needs in the geographical area of recruitment. The Onsite Coordinator works at the on-site location of a client, handling the day-to-day tasks of arranging assignments for temporary employees, as well as communicating directly with the client to ensure that their staffing needs are consistently met. All employees of Staffing 360 Solutions act in accordance with our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Transparency, Belief, and Tenacity.
- Provide excellent customer service by responding to Client inquiries and ensuring contractor staff are compliant with the Client rules and regulations; email reports to Client or Company management as needed.
- Perform daily check-ins prior, during and at the end of shifts to ensure job safety.
- Walk the production floor daily and engage with temporary contractors, building rapport and engagement.
- Manage contractor attendance, follow up with all no call/no show contractors documenting in ATS; issue discipline in accordance with Company and Client policies and procedures
- Ensure contractors are set up in the clocking system and that all contractors are properly clocked in and out for their shifts daily.
- Assist in providing contractor's work hours to payroll on a weekly basis as well as report missing hours in a timely manner.
- Monitor contractor's attire to ensure that they are following Client's PPE and GMP requirements.
- Participate in safety meetings
- Gather, manage, and maintain accurate records for all contractors, including performance, policy violations, injuries, attendance, and discipline. Provide coaching and/or disciplinary measures as required.
- Must be flexible to fill in on other shifts as needed, able to work weekends and holidays as needed.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 1+ years warehouse, production, experience required; line or production lead experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Able to handle confidential material and sensitive situations in a reliable manner.
- Able to work under pressure and communicate with different levels of management and diverse personality types.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and outstanding customer service (internal and external).
- Excellent project management/organizational skills with an ability to manage numerous projects and work processes simultaneously.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking, requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing. Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations, requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing and reaching. Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds. Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity and exposure to dust and fumes.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
Staffing 360 Solutions, Inc. and all of its US brands utilize CDC, state, and federal guidance to determine internal policies that ensure an as safe and productive working environment as possible during the COVID-19 global pandemic, including wearing masks and following social distancing guidelines while in the office or at a client site. Under The Company's COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccine policy and as determined by the Executive Team, all internal employees will be required to provide proof that they have received all required doses of the COVID-19 vaccine by their first date of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation recognized by law is approved. To request an accommodation, please email
Staffing 360 Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or other protected classification.
Staffing 360 Solutions and its offerings are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.