Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Molding Technician to work for one of our clients in Trumbull, CT on a direct hire basis.
Primary duties will be for running injection molding machine and performing in process quality checks to assure quality. Ability to develop and evaluate existing and new injection molding machine processes. Must have the ability to troubleshoot and repair various injection molding production machines and their auxiliary equipment. Perform preventative and predictive maintenance. This position will help transfer a molding cell from Plymouth, MN to Trumbull, CT and will require 30%-50% travel during the transition period of 3-4 months.
- Run injection molding machine and ancillary equipment to meet production requirements.
- Perform in process quality inspections to assure quality
- Develops or modifies processes to fabricate parts from an injection molding machine
- Performs and documents qualifications, IQ/OQ/PQ's.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair molding production machines and its auxiliary equipment.
- Performs preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Repairs of production equipment: electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical failures.
- Machining principles and repair.
- Ability to read an electrical schematic and use test meters.
- Uses blueprint and machine manuals to troubleshoot equipment failure and select repair parts.
- Demonstrates safe work practices following applicable OSHA regulations
- Performs additional duties or assignments as directed by management.
- Associates degree in Engineering or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to read electrical, mechanical, hydraulic blueprints and machine manuals.
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to write up an equipment analysis for root cause documentation.
- Strong understanding of OSHA standard.
- Provide own basic tool set.
- 1st shift, 7am - 3:30pm
- Direct hire with benefits which include insurance coverage, 401(k) and a defined pension plan, paid time off for vacation, personal, sick and holidays, as well as a wide range of other perks and benefits.
- Salary range: $52K-$72K (depending on experience)
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.