Responsible for visually and mechanically inspecting most mechanical products while utilizing standard measuring equipment to verify product, material and equipment conformance to customer/company specifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With close supervision, performs the more standardized, routine and repetitive first piece, incoming, in-process, final floor or bench inspections on most standard parts and products
- With close supervision and following blueprint or process closely, visually inspects and checks a variety of parts using direct reading and adjustable gauges. Generates QC documents as required.
- Uses simple measuring equipment such as scales, Vernier, height sticks, micrometers and plug gauges.
- Responsible for maintaining inspection reports.
- May perform production testing.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- With vendor supplied and manufactured product; notifies Inspection and Production Supervisor of quality problems