Monroe Staffing currently has about 20 openings for 1st shift Mechanical Assemblers in Windsor, CT!
The Mechanical Assembler position is responsible for assembling preformed sheet metal parts, using equipment such as drills, wrenches, high pressure carts, etc. The ideal candidate will also be assembling and pressure testing valves and similar components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Responsible for using equipment such as drills, wrenches, high pressure carts, screwdrivers, hammers, and any other equipment that will assist in the satisfactory performance of duties.
- Responsible for the operation of equipment with personal safety and that of fellow employees in mind.
- Responsible for assembling and pressure testing valves and similar components.
- Responsible for the accurate and efficient interpretation of assembly and sub-assembly drawings and sketches.
- Responsible for good housekeeping of individual work area.
- Responsible for maintaining a daily time log of work done on manufacturing and/or production travelers.
- Other assignments as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or higher supervisor/s.
- CIT: establish standards and procedures for continuous improvement.
- Maintain the currency with respect to technical and supervisory skills by attending training classes, special technical and administration courses; seminars, exhibits and trade shows are needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in the assembly of preformed sheet metal parts of all sorts and the use of mechanical equipment associated with the satisfactory performance of duties.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience preferred.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain as well as restricted spaces.
- The ability to climb ladders while carrying up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to kneel, bend, and stand for long periods.
- The ability to work in and around areas with limited space.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to use, read, and interpret drawings and measuring scale or tape proficiently.
- Ability to work in a team or solo environment.
- Familiarity with tablets and computers.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.