About Monroe Staffing Services:
Founded in 1969, Monroe Staffing Services has grown from a small firm specializing in contract design engineering and working from a single office, to a full-service consulting and staffing partner with multiple locations throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, North Carolina and South Carolina.
Monroe Staffing is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking an Manufacturing Engineer Jr. and Sr. level to work for a client. This is a direct hire.
This position provides Manufacturing Engineering support to all of the Manufacturing Departments. This includes creation and maintenance of bills of manufacture (engineering masters) in the ERP system, programming for CNC equipment and tooling design support.
▪ Creates and maintains bills of manufacture (engineering masters) in Visual ERP system.
▪ Develops programs and provides support for CNC machines in the Machine Shop and Box Shop.
▪ Designs tools and fixtures and works with Logistics to have them manufactured in-house or by external vendors.
▪ Troubleshoot all shop floor problems with manufacturing, logistics, QA and engineering personnel.
▪ Specify and document manufacturing processes as necessary for successful part manufacture.
▪ Reviews ECN (Engineering Change Notices) and makes appropriate changes to engineering masters and open work orders in coordination with logistics.
▪ Researches and identifies production equipment to meet product manufacturing and necessary safety requirements.
Customer/Vendor Work Relationships
▪ Vendors: Ensures that all vendor supplied fixtures and tooling meet specifications and operate as anticipated to support Manufacturing.
▪ Sales: Provides technical support and review of RFQ's and other customer documents.
▪ Engineering: Interfaces with Engineers on all design, tooling and CNC programming issues.
▪ Manufacturing: Interfaces with all departments on all routing, tooling, raw material and shop floor issues.
▪ Materials & Sourcing: Interfaces with Logistics on "make or purchase" decisions.
▪ Represents the Manufacturing Engineering Department on Continuous Improvement Task Teams.
▪ Works on continuously improving Manufacturing Engineering procedures and methods by using changing technology to reduce overall production costs.
▪ Performs other duties as assigned by Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
Reports to Manufacturing Engineering Manager. Ensures that all work is done in accordance with Customer specifications and Company Policy. Keeps Manufacturing Engineering Manager aware of all progress and problems.
Job requires sitting at a desk doing normal office work, including phone communications and using a computer. Also involves standing and walking in an office and a manufacturing facility.
Environmental / Safety / Time Allocation
▪ Spends between 45% and 60% of time working at a desk in a normal office environment.
▪ Spends between 40% and 55%of time on work away from desk, including going out into shop and discussing manufacturing issues with QA inspectors and Manufacturing Department personnel. Must wear eye protection and any other required personal protective equipment while on the shop floor.
Training / Cross Training / Progression
Attend job related training to support job function and production requirements. Assists in the training of new Manufacturing Engineers for this position to promote orderly progression.
Education / Experience
▪ Associates/Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related Technology preferred.
▪ CAD experience required. Solidworks design software preferred.
▪ Sheet metal processing experience preferred.
▪ Microsoft Word and Excel experience required.
▪ Solid understanding of engineering drawings and electrical schematics required.
▪ Strong verbal and written communication skills.
▪ Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
▪ ISO and Lean manufacturing experience a plus. (Six Sigma, Kaizen, Kanban, 5S, etc.)
▪ Ability to travel (domestic and international)
- Duration: permanent
- Location: CT.
- Salary: -Depending on Experience
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.