For almost 50 years, Monroe Staffing Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Monroe Staffing is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer Special Processes in Manchester, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Manufacturing Engineer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
The Manufacturing Engineer under the direction of the Sr. Manufacturing Engineer implements manufacturing methods/processes to improve efficiency during the product development phase and the transition into the production phase. Assists in maximizing product process efficiency by analyzing the layout of equipment, workflow and manufacturing methods/processes. This role focuses on our Special Processes portion of the business. Heat Treat and/or Braze experience is a requirement for this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assure/verify compliance of manufacturing methods/processes with approved methods/processes and quality requirements/standards as defined on drawings, customer specifications and customer contracts/purchase order requirements as directed by the assigned Project Engineer.
- Review and approve calibration results for tools and gauges used to manufacture all parts for assigned manufacturing processes.
- Oversee the incorporation and maintenance of customer issued drawing and all other process changes, which may include Engineering Change Notices (ECN's), into the systems and assigned processes.
- Responsible for the oversight and sign-off of product repairs, reworks and Nonconforming Material Report (NMR) disposition and root cause validation.
- Perform the disposition of pre-SCAR (Supplier Corrective Action Request) and SCAR non-conformances and take appropriate actions to support all respective vendors, to include site visits as required by our Purchasing department.
- Oversee the collection and submittal of key characteristic data, along with required preparation efforts for recurring product audits for assigned manufacturing processes.
- Interact with other related disciplines within the facility to develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods.
- Participate in Product Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) meetings and provide assistance as required by the assigned Process Administrators.
- Monitor First Time Yield (FTY) data and report data trends to assigned Project Engineer.
- Perform process validations (including standard hour verification) on assigned processes through a hands-on review by witnessing the performance of operations and discussions with all involved shop personnel, Manufacturing Process Control (MPC) personnel and other Engineering personnel as directed by the assigned Project or Manufacturing Engineer.
- Extract from our system, organize and draft information pertaining to first article submittals as necessary to support the Quality/Engineering Administrator.
- Monitor and verify tasks for assigned manufacturing processes are completed according to published milestone plans.
- Follow up to ensure CNC and CMM program approvals are completed, as applicable, for all assigned manufacturing processes.
- Perform duties/responsibilities related to this position as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
- Recommend safety & ergonomic improvements in our material handling devices, manufacturing tools, and workstations to accommodate best practices for shop floor personnel.
- Responsible to support Phase 3 and Phase 4 tasks of NPI process for assigned manufacturing processes.
- Perform all assigned Workstation Audits in accordance with the published schedules.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related technical field. Minimum of two (2) years' experience in a manufacturing industry and related industry.
- Must have working knowledge of the CAD/CAM system use, shop mathematics, sheet metal fabrication, machining, welding, inspection methods, and special processes including plasma coatings, laser drilling, and airflow measurement. Must be proficient using Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Manchester, CT.
- Salary: depending on experience
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.