US$85000 - US$105000 per year
about 1 year ago
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer (direct hire)
Summary: The Manufacturing Engineer will play a large part in the deployment of this contract by developing work cells, work instructions, tool kits, and coordinating the physical layout of work stations. The Manufacturing Engineer will work cross functionally with Engineering, Production, Supply Chain, and Quality to meet project requirements and deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Prepares and maintains detailed work instructions, operation sheets, tool lists, CNC programs, work coordinate charts, tool offset lists, and process routings.
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new / revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Designs, develops, and tests and/or sources and cost justifies various tools, machinery, and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Must be able to assess, analyze, and improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost reduction, quality improvement, and efficiency.
- Must prepare and present plans for the above and coordinate deployment including training of team members.
- Provides Mechanical/Electrical engineering support for manufacturing processes and equipment within the manufacturing facility by designing, specifying, purchasing and constructing mechanical systems and components.
- Provide hands-on involvement with equipment and processes by being available to the operators and maintenance personnel and gaining intimate knowledge of processes.
- Provide technical expertise in the maintenance, modification and installation of equipment and machinery in the manufacturing process
- Accountable for on-time, on-budget execution of manufacturing, operations, and product development projects.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required but do not constitute the complete list of everything that may help one be successful in this role.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ Years of Production/Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Experience with large manufacturing projects $10MM+ preferred.
- Experience with large facility relocation and move management projects preferred.
- Knowledge of Phase Gate Product Development process
- Knowledge of ISO Quality systems and requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of Kaizen / Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
- Management skills to effectively organize and manage multiple priorities, tasks, and projects.
- Technical expertise in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, assembly, and production manual and CNC equipment.
- Full understanding of the product development process.
- Quality orientation and attention to detail
- Excellent troubleshooting / problem analysis skills along with the ability to coordinate complex corrective action strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sustainable high performance level along with a strong team attitude.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital.
- Strong appreciation for data integrity and clear process definitions.
- Continuously look for and develop ways to be more efficient in the process of developing and launching products
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and utilize decision making skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be organized and have the ability and drive to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (emails, RFPs, reports) and the ability to effectively interact with all levels throughout the organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Project or other project management software.
- Ability to work cross-functionally.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Review lessons learned and make updates to processes as needed.
- Knowledge of practical engineering science and technology applications.
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing methods.
- Knowledge of electrical power distribution and control technology highly preferred.
- Skilled in using logic, reasoning and sound analysis to evaluate alternative solutions, conclusions and/or approaches to problems and implement best course of action techniques.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Prior work experience within a manufacturing company preferred.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.