Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer with an aerospace background to work 1st shift for one of our clients in Enfield, CT on a direct basis.
Plans and designs manufacturing processes throughout the plant. This position maximizes efficiency by analyzing all aspects of manufacturing processes. Determines parts and tools needed to achieve product specifications and business objectives.
- Under general direction, performs the management of projects related to aerospace component engineering and manufacturing for new and existing parts and assemblies.
- Establishes manufacturing methods and process sequence necessary to complete parts.
- Creates models, operation sheets and CNC programs using Unigraphics NX and/or SolidWorks and Mastercam software.
- Initiates Tool & Fixture design concepts and maintains close feedback with other shop floor personnel, management and related customers and vendors.
- Troubleshoots manufacturing problems and implements method and tool improvements.
- Writes rework and repair methods for non-conformances. Participates in discussions with customers and suppliers as required.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- N/C Lathe Programming desired.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, symbols and geometric tolerances based on military and commercial specifications.
- Able to process complex assemblies and conceptualize developmental and production tooling in a job shop environment.
- Proficient with the following software applications: Unigraphics NX, Mastercam, SolidWorks, CATIA, MS Project, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Able to create solid models, operations sheets, tool and fixture designs.
- Familiarity with specifications and requirements for aerospace component manufacturing that includes having knowledge of aerospace coatings, heat treatment, and machining specifications.
- Strong math background including trigonometry and geometry.
- Able to research, understand and implement new technologies for possible cost savings and process improvements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well with others in a team-based environment.
- Able to perform hands-on shop work.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 7-10 years of experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience to range from engineering to expediting on shop floor utilizing detailed team input for instruction/directions. AS/BS in Engineering Science is advantageous.
- Direct hire with benefits
- 1st shift
- Salary range: $75 - 110K (depending on experience)
- Looking for stable work history, will not consider candidates that have bounced around alot.
If interested, please reply with an updated resume along with your salary requirements. If not interested, please share with anyone you know that may be a fit.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.