12 months ago
The Manufacturing Assistant role is responsible for performing various administrative and production related tasks in a manufacturing setting. The position requires excellent mechanical aptitude and a history of working with hand tools. Room for growth and competitive pay. This role is an exciting opportunity to join a global, dynamic, Hi-Tech team, supporting the semi-conductor, optical, and LED industries. We are an industry leader in development and manufacturer of high temperature, ultra-pure ceramic materials manufactured through CVD processes.
- Assist with prepping and helping manufacturing technicians as needed
- Perform physical tasks including lifting/carrying
- Operates manual and automatic equipment
- Selects appropriate tool to perform basic and routine tasks
- Maintain equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements.
- Perform job functions as assigned by supervisor to meet daily throughput goals.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- General shop clean-up as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 0-3 years’ experience within manufacturing
- Strong work ethic
- Punctual and reliable
- Hand tool knowledge
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. Hired employees are required to provide proof that they are a U.S. Person as defined by 22 CFR §120.15.
- This position requires use of Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
- Must be able to carry out written, oral, or diagram form instructions.
- Intermediate math skills – geometry, trigonometry “machine math”.
- Team-oriented and self-directed.
- Experience using calipers, micrometers, drop gauges etc.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to talk or hear.
- Required to pass eye tests.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Required to use finger, handle, feel & reach with hands & arms.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.