Monroe Staffing, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions, is a leading staffing agency in the U.S. in the light industrial sector.
We are currently hiring a Maintenance Technician II (Electronic Tech) for a large tobacco manufacturing plant, located in Clarksville, TN.
Eligible employees can elect from a variety of benefits plan choices, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life insurance, and Short-Term Disability.
Location: Clarksville, TN 37040
Note: Training for this position will take place at our Memphis location. All expenses are covered and paid. Training is 8 non-consecutive weeks.
The Maintenance Technician will perform preventive maintenance and equipment/facility repairs, both mechanical and electrical, to ensure the production of high-quality tobacco semi-finished products in a large manufacturing plant.
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician:
- Maintenance Technician will maintain and repair all electrical and electronic devices associated with equipment, machinery, or facility structure.
- Design and assemble electrical control cabinets.
- Program, troubleshoot and repair all electronic controls and industrial control systems on production equipment and facilities.
- Troubleshoot PLC systems.
- Interact and provide guidance to management, in determining the best engineered solutions for efficient production of high quality tobacco products.
- Maintenance Technician will provide 80% mechanical work and 20% electrical work during normal operations.
- Be aware of the Company environmental, health & safety policies and comply with the objectives as it relates to the role.
- Follow company safety rules.
- Know the potential health & safety risks and environmental impacts of work activities and understand role in mitigating these impacts.
- Maintenance Technician is expected to understand responsibilities for compliance with regulatory requirements and company standards.
- Complete EHS-required training and follow operational procedures.
- Immediately report all injuries and illnesses.
- Participate in EHS (Environmental Health & Safety) programs as required by assigned site/role (e.g., PULSAR safety observation program, Safety Triggers).
- Maintenance Technician will drive & support IWS implementation including DDS Drumbeat, Breakdown Elimination, and Defect Handling.
- Maintenance Planning & Scheduling, Equipment Ranking, Lubrication, Spare Parts, Shop Tools & Supplies – 6S, and AM Pillar Support.
Educational Requirements for Maintenance Technician:
High School Diploma and minimum of 5 years industrial electronic experience
OR Associate Degree in Electronics
OR completed two years toward an Engineering degree at an accredited university.
Requirements for Maintenance Technician:
- Maintenance Technician must have 3 years of industrial electronic experience in maintaining electronic and electrical systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Extensive knowledge of PLC systems.
- Good troubleshooting abilities.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong mechanical and mathematical aptitude.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, proactivity, and effective follow-through.
- Required to pass lift truck and scissor lift certification requirements.
- Required to have valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving report.
- Willingness and ability to work any shift and in varying departments.
- Work Keys: Applied Math – Level 5, Workplace Documents – Level 6, Graphic Literacy – Level 4, Workplace Observation – Level 3 preferred, Applied Technology – Level 5.
Preferred Skills for Maintenance Technician:
- Prefer experience with tobacco packaging/processing equipment and MMI and PLC navigation.
- Experience with tobacco packaging and processing equipment.
- Knowledge of and experience with SAP.
- Industrial Vehicle Operation experience.
- Experience using Computerized Maintenance Management System.
Physical Requirements of Maintenance Technician:
- Walking, climbing, stooping, reaching, lifting up to 100 pounds, and working at heights up to 50 feet.
- Must be able to work in hot/cold temperature environments.