Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor - 2nd Shift (Sunday - Thursday 12pm-10pm)
Location: New Brunswick, NJ
Unitex is the industry leading medical textile rental service provider serving the Healthcare industry for over 90 years. We currently operate eleven processing facilities located in the Tri-State area. Since 1915, we have been privately held, family run business. Unitex is currently seeking a hands-on 2nd shift Maintenance Supervisor to join our industrial maintenance team in our state-of-the-art New Brunswick, NJ facility.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in all phases of industrial plant maintenance in a manufacturing environment and be ready to take full responsibility of a critical department. Knowledge of electrical, pneumatic, and steam systems a plus. This includes the cleanliness of building maintenance.
This highly visible position requires you to take charge and supervise all aspects of the maintenance department, including personnel, purchasing, machinery repair, preventive maintenance systems, etc.
Schedule: Sunday - Thursday (12pm - 10pm)
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Oversees a small team of mechanics and porters for the second shift
- Maintains the preventive maintenance program
- Aids the maintenance team in performing diagnostic troubleshooting
- Monitors quality of repairs
- Oversees building and physical plant repair issues
- Maintains porter schedule to maximize cleaning effectiveness of plant and machinery
- Adheres to safety programs
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of industrial equipment fundamentals including electrical wiring, electrical components, pneumatic systems, steam systems, water systems, hydraulics and building maintenance
- Ability to use basic hand tools properly and safely
- Experience responding in a time-sensitive environment with urgency
- Ability to obtain and maintain proper licensing needed to legally operate specific plant machines (boiler license, etc.)
Position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.