7 months ago
Temp to Perm
Essential Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
- Studies blue prints, sketches, drawings, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operation for fabrication, and setup requirements of work pieces and machine tools.
- Sets up and operates machine tool such as lathes, milling machines, and surface grinders to fabricate parts and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining parameters such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, and/or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control data.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies and documents critical dimensions and alignment of thermoform tool and components assemblies per inspection procedures using calipers, micrometers, height gauges and other measuring instruments.
- Additional duties as assigned.