$18.00 to $20.00 Based on Experience
12 months ago
Temp to Perm
The Machinist is a member of the X-Ray Department reporting directly to the Production Supervisor. The role is an exciting opportunity to join a global, dynamic, Hi-Tech team, supporting the medical and aerospace industries. We are the industry leader in development and manufacturer of ceramic to metal seals for both Aerospace and Medical markets. We help improve the quality of life with our implantable medical components, and we ensure the safety of travelers by developing multiple components for the Aerospace industry.
- Perform various tasks as assigned by Department Supervisor.
- Maintain quality and quantity with strong sense of accountability and standards.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, being mechanically inclined to independently troubleshoot in order to maintain product flow.
- Complete all relevant documentation while maintaining product traceability throughout process.
- Set-up, adjust and operate machines.
- Clean and maintain equipment & work area.
- Perform safety checks on machines.
- Carry out regular & preventative maintenance procedures.
- Ensure that machines are producing quality products by performing periodic checks on output to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Read product drawings & methods in order to machine, meeting specification requirements.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathe and milling machine.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances with mathematics, and utilizing instruments such as micrometers and vernier caliper.
- Verify dimensions on CMM machine.
- Must be able to utilize microscope.
- Conduct all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all local, state, and federal EHS regulations and with Morgan New Bedford, MA EHS Guidelines. Guidelines include but not limited to participation in required EHS training and use of proper PPE. Employees are responsible for reporting hazardous conditions and job-related injuries or illnesses to their supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- This position requires use of Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Individual must be a:
- Citizen of the United States, or
- Permanent resident alien of the United States, or
- Protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) as defined by 22CFR120.15
- Must be able to carry out written, oral, or diagram form instructions.
- Basic math skills.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to talk or hear.
- Required to pass eye tests.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Required to use finger, handle, feel & reach with hands & arms.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.