$15.50 - $16/hour
about 1 month ago
Temp to Perm
Machine operators are generally responsible for properly setting up, running, loading and unloading and maintaining Lex operation machines while following company safety standards. The Machine Operator – Overmold operates overmold equipment and materials.
- Work with production supervisor to meet daily / weekly / monthly production goals.
- Handle and assemble polyurethane products.
- Daily set up, operation and maintenance of Overmold equipment.
- Ensure raw material quantity is on hand to meet production needs and inform supervisor when there are inadequate quantities.
- Pour product into molds and remove cured product from molds.
- Monitor the ongoing production process and know how to handle situations as they arise.
- Use hand tools to eliminate excess material from final product.
- Inspect product for defects and to ensure final product meets production and quality standards.
- Correct production defects as possible and report issues to supervisors.
- Perform tasks while complying with company safety policies.
- Provide daily production updates to the shop floor manager by entering electronic labor and job order information.
- Maintain an attendance in good standing so that production is as efficient as possible.
- Safely store and handle chemicals and waste throughout the production area.
- Follow OSHA guidelines and company safety practices.
- 2+ years of machine operator experience or the equivalent manual work experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED or any other equivalent diploma.
- 2 or more years of experience working in a production department (Electrical parts experience is preferable).
- Knowledge of machines and tools including their design, use and maintenance.