generally $15.50 - $16/hour
about 1 month ago
Temp to Perm
Machine operator is generally responsible for running, setting up, loading and unloading and maintaining the machine following company safety standards at all times. The Machine Operator – Injection Molding operates rubber enclosure equipment and materials.
- Handle and assemble natural rubber products.
- Daily set up, operation and maintenance of Rubber Enclosure equipment.
- Ensure raw material quantity is on hand to meet production needs and inform supervisor when there are inadequate quantities.
- Inject product into molds and remove cured product from molds.
- Monitor the ongoing production process and know how to handle situations as they arise.
- Use hand tools to eliminate excess material from final product.
- Inspect product for defects and to ensure final product meets production and quality standards.
- Correct production defects as possible and report issues to supervisors.
- Perform tasks while complying with company safety policies.
- Provide daily production updates to the shop floor manager by entering electronic labor and job order information.
- Safely store and handle chemicals and waste throughout the production area.
- Follow OSHA guidelines.
- Work with production supervisor to meet daily / weekly / monthly production goals.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Participate in routine practices and team projects relating to LEAN, 5S, Scrap, Safety, Quality, etc.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- 2+ years of machine operator experience or the equivalent manual work experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED or any other equivalent diploma needs to have at least 2 years of more experience working in a production department (Electrical parts experience is preferable).
- Knowledge of machines and tools including their design, use and maintenance
- Ability to manage his/her time and staying on top of production schedules.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, follow and understand directions in English.
- Basic math skills and liquid measurement skills.
- Basic computer data entry skills.
- Ability to work within production teams.
- Experience with manual and electric shop tools needed.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Knowledge of maintaining records for ISO, AS9100, etc. preferred.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Effective organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated, effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain data to accomplish company production strategies and goals.
- Ability to adapt to changes in a fast paced work environment while meeting production standards.
- Ability to perform tasks in a manner that is safe to oneself and those around them.
- Understanding and experience in Bills of Materials, routings, cycle count, the function of inventory control and order processing preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted throughout the day.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Work in various potentially adverse conditions such as heights (ladders) and heat