4 months ago
Responsible for the accurate and efficient operation of production machinery following company specifications. Must adhere to all company GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices), established SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), and all Food Safety policies.
Duties and Responsibilities: (Include, but are not limited to the following)
• Thorough knowledge of production machinery, including operation, disassembly, and assembly.
• Safely always operate and maintain production machinery in proper working order.
• Operate and monitor equipment as needed and supply the assigned production lines with raw materials necessary for manufacturing.
• Basic knowledge touch screen programs/applications.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft
• English skills.
Basic knife knowledge for opening and preparing raw materials.
• Ensure compliance with all safety and work rules.
• Standing for long periods in a cold/refrigerated environment.
• Follow and understand verbal instruction in a fast-paced environment.
• Ensure clean, safe, and organized work areas.
• Ensure that all food safety, quality assurance, and GMP policies and procedures are followed.
• Comply with all health, sanitation, and USDA regulations.
• Comply with policies as described in the Employee Handbook and other policy and procedure documents.
• Ability to work long periods of time in a cold environment (28 F).
• Ability to lift 70 lbs. or more and to push/pull heavy objects.
• Frequent bending and lifting at the waist/knees.
• Other duties include assembling boxes, packing meat products, weighing and loading boxes on pallets.
• Operate the following: Box sealer, scale, and vacuum sealer.
• Ability to operate an electric pallet jack.
• Collect wash and sanitize boxes for re-use in production.
• Be able to perform additional tasks from time-to-time as determined by Bertolino Foods in its sole and absolute discretion. Such tasks may include but are not limited to cleaning condensation from refrigeration units, cleaning windows etc., and other basic manual tasks as required.
Food Safety Production Areas:
• Notify management of any repairs or adjustments that are required.
• Perform all duties necessary to meet SQF, Bertolino Foods’s and Government requirements.
• Inform management of ANY food safety or quality issues.