$16 - $17 Depending on shift
8 months ago
Temp to Perm
The Machine Operator reports directly to the Production Supervisor. The role is an exciting opportunity to join a global, dynamic, Hi-Tech team, supporting the medical and aerospace industries. We are the industry leader in the development and manufacturer of ceramic to metal seals for both Aerospace and Medical markets. We help improve the quality of life with our implantable medical components, and we ensure the safety of travelers by developing multiple components for the Aerospace industry.
· Perform various tasks as assigned by Department Supervisor.
· Maintain quality and quantity with a strong sense of accountability and standards.
· Complete all relevant documentation while maintaining product traceability throughout the process.
· Clean & maintain equipment & work area.
· Perform a mechanical and visual inspection of ceramics using microscope, calipers, and micrometers.
· Perform safety checks on every machine.
· Ensure that machines are producing quality products by performing periodic checks on output.
· Carry out regular & preventative maintenance procedures.
· Read product drawings & methods in order to visualize machining/grinding to be done and planned sequence of operation.
· Must be flexible with cross-training in other departments.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- This position requires use of Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Individual must be a:
- Citizen of the United States, or
- Permanent resident alien of the United States, or
- Protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) as defined by 22CFR120.15
- Must be able to carry out written, oral, or diagram form instructions.
- Basic math skills.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to talk or hear
- Required to pass eye tests
- Required to stand, walk, and sit
- Required to use finger, handle, feel & reach with hands & arms
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.