Fort Mill, South Carolina
US$13.50 - US$14.5 per hour
9 days ago
Machine Operator Level 1
- Operate and maintain equipment including but not limited to digital presses and/or bindery equipment
- Request maintenance as required.
- Inspecting for adherence to procedures using visual discrimination, print quality analysis, and judgment.
- Recognizing when routine adjustments are necessary and identifying errors at the earliest possible stage to minimize production rework
- Ensure product meets the quality standards
- Maintain safety and OSHA standards
- Responsible for cleanliness of area and maintaining 5S standards
Skills and Attributes Needed:
- Able to operate and maintain Press and or Bindery equipment.
- Ability to follow written instructions
- A methodical "procedure-oriented" approach to tasks and an affinity for detail for quality control purposes.
- Ability to match or detect subtle differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness.
- Must have hard work ethic, ability to learn quickly, and common sense.
- Communicate effectively with supervision, tech support, and other associates.
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and set priorities.
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office programs and email.
- Strong interpersonal/communication and analytical skills.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs., mobility to crouch, reach, bend and do repetitive actions with hands and arms.
- High school or vocational/technical school diploma or certificate preferred.
- Additional courses in print production, operations, or similar functional areas preferred
- Courses in chemistry, electronics, and color theory are desired.
- Background and experience in conventional offset operation, preferably in color printing.
- An understanding of pre-press functions.
- Experience in operating mechanical/ electromechanical equipment.
- Experience in basic computer operation.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.