11 months ago
The Lead CNC Operator is a member of the Ceramics Department reporting directly to the Production Supervisor. The role is an exciting opportunity to join a global, dynamic, Hi-Tech team, supporting the semi-conductor, optical, and LED industries. We are an industry leader in development and manufacturer of high temperature, ultra-pure ceramic materials manufactured through CVD processes.
- Perform various tasks as assigned by Department Supervisor.
- Maintain quality and quantity with strong sense of accountability and standards.
- Complete all relevant documentation.
- Clean & maintain equipment & work area.
- Perform safety checks on every machine.
- Operates all CNC equipment and verifies dimensions according to the machine print and methods using caliper, micrometer, etc.
- Inputs offset changes in the program to achieve correct dimensional callouts per method.
- Responsible for fastening all machine fixtures to pallets.
- Loads all programs into the control and adjusts any workshift offsets if needed.
- Assist with the training/cross-training of all department employee.
- Responsible for setting up all CNC equipment using CAD/CAM and manual programming.
- Writing new programs for new production parts.
- Document any program changes.
- Conduct all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all local, state, and federal EHS regulations and with Morgan New Bedford, MA EHS Guidelines. Guidelines include but not limited to participation in required EHS training and use of proper PPE. Employees are responsible for reporting hazardous conditions and job-related injuries or illnesses to their supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 1-3 years of lead/ management experience.
- 2-year minimum CNC experience. Knowledge of MasterCAM is a plus.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- This position requires use of Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Individual must be a:
- Citizen of the United States, or
- Permanent resident alien of the United States, or
- Protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) as defined by 22CFR120.15
- Must be able to carry out written, oral, or diagram form instructions.
- Basic math skills; including decimals, fractions, and commas.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to talk or hear
- Required to pass eye tests
- Required to stand, walk, and sit
- Required to use finger, handle, feel & reach with hands & arms
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.