Job Title: Laser Technician - 2nd Shift
Location: Bethel, CT
Duties and responsibilities will be to assist in the development and maintenance of products and processes within the laser cutting and laser welding departments.
- Set-up and operate complex laser-cut and laser-welded products on multi-axis laser equipment.
- Assist laser operators with set-up and operation of equipment.
- Troubleshoot product and equipment issues.
- Assist engineering in product, process, and equipment development.
- Assist engineering in creation and maintenance of procedures, work instructions, detailed drawings, visual aids, and schematics of designed fixtures.
- Collaborate with other departments to assure internal and customer specifications and goals are being met.
- Adhere to company procedures/quality standards and ensure compliance to customer specifications.
- May be assigned other duties to assure the effective operations of the department or organization.
- High School or Technical School education focusing on Engineering or Manufacturing.Experience in set-up and operation of any type of CNC equipment.
- G-Code/M-Code programming.
- 3+ years' experience in a manufacturing role and/or research and development role.
- Hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Electronics and electrical safety.
- Versed in application of standard software tools such as Microsoft office.
- Experience working in ISO-9000 or similar environment.
- Ability to read and interpret production work instructions, routers, and specifications.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from operators, engineers, and supervisors.
- 2D/3D CAD experience preferred but not required (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, etc.).
- Laser processing experience preferred but not required.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.