Monroe Staffing is a 49-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 14 offices, in which 6 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Laboratory Technician in Trumbull, CT. to work a 6-month contract.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Formulation Laboratory Technician your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to as a lab technician, you will be responsible for assisting in the formulation development of new global innovations for AP/Deo products. Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Following process instructions to formulate various AP stick formulations efficiently and with good attention to detail.
- Working flexibly with a variety of team members to aid in day to day tasks
- Maintaining a laboratory notebook which captures formulation details, processing steps, and time/temperature notes for the duration of each formulation batch.
- Managing the laboratory inventory of raw materials (surfactants, acids, bases, etc.) ensuring the lab area is appropriately stocked.
- Filling, labeling and shipping prototype samples for consumer testing.
- Maintaining a clean and safe laboratory work area while adhering to Unilever safety protocols.
- Requirements for this position include:
- At least 6 months of laboratory experience (college level or professional)
- Proficiency with laboratory skills including:
- Making solutions
- Basic laboratory equipment; hot plates, heating mantles, mixing units, etc.
- Intermediate computer skills
- Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint proficiency preferred
- Employee must be able to occasionally lift up to 35lbs
- Employee must be able to be on their feet for a significant portion of the day
- Must be proficient in English
Work hours Monday to Friday (8:30a-4:30p or 9-5p)
Must be able to lift a 5-gallon pail of product (up to 40 lbs.)
Requisition Start Date: 02/25/2019
Requisition End Date: 08/25/2019
- Duration: 6 months
- Location: Trumbull, CT.
- Salary: $18hr.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.