Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Laboratory Technician to work for a client in Livingston, NJ on a temp to hire basis.
Position Summary: Performs complex molecular-based procedures on clinical samples. Analyzes clinical results and provides diagnoses. Performs clinical tasks associated with clinical cases.
- Performs complex molecular-based procedures on clinical samples with a high degree of quality and in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Analyzes clinical results and provides diagnoses.
- Performs clerical tasks associated with clinical cases, including but not limited to: maintenance of specimen and case logs, preparation/documentation of assay worksheets, preparation of analysis sheets and clinical reports.
- Receives and verifies clinical samples.
- Witnesses hands-on clinical procedures.
- Participates in lab maintenance (i.e. cleaning, annual/bi-annual/monthly maintenance of equipment, unpack supplies, etc.).
- Performs additional duties or assignments as directed by management.
- Bachelor's degree in the Sciences with at least one year of experience with sterile lab techniques and laboratory methods/techniques associated with molecular biology (e.g. PCR, qPCR, Next-generation sequencing, Illumina SNP arrays, DNA extractions, Capillary electrophoresis: Sanger sequencing and fragment analysis, Integrated laboratory information management systems) OR a Master's degree in Biology or related science with one year of experience.
- Experience working in a clinical environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of the proper use and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with other professionals within the company and clients, as needed.
- Ability to understand and apply Safety Standards and Good Lab Practices.
- Working knowledge using Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Frequent reaching, grasping, repetitive motions and eye/hand coordination.
- Ability to work in environmental conditions typical in office and/or laboratory environments.
- 1st shift
- Temp to hire, salary range up to $52K ($25/hour)
- Once converted to a permanent employee, you will receive insurance coverage, 401(k) and a defined pension plan, paid time off for vacation, personal, sick and holidays, as well as a wide range of other perks and benefits.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.