For almost 50 years, Monroe Staffing Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Monroe Staffing is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a 2nd shift Tool & Die Maker in Durham, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Tool & Die Maker your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Effectively build new tooling, dies, fixtures and gauges from blue prints within established standards and customer specifications with moderate supervision.
- Effectively repair and trouble shoot existing tooling, dies and fixtures to blueprint specifications within established standards with minimum supervision.
- Properly analyze and provide input when involved in troubleshooting prototype and production tooling.
- Properly performs press set-ups such as cradles, feeders, safeties and roll releases within established procedures as required with moderate supervision.
- Accurately inspects own work verifying quality using a variety of equipment ensuring conformance to blue print specifications and established standards.
- Effectively communicates and works as a team member with supervisor and all personnel.
- Maintains thorough and accurate records and updates changes in accordance with established shop standards.
- Ensure on time deliveries within specified design parameters and tooling budgets.
- Properly maintains and repairs tool room equipment.
- Efficiently analyses and improves machining methods so as to cut costs and improve quality.
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe work environment and follows 6S standards.
- Properly follow all safety procedures and policies. Uses correct P.P.E.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
High School or Vocational Technical School Diploma. Two to four years' experience as a state approved Journeyman; three (3) years experience in building/troubleshooting progressive tools; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Duration: 3-6 Months Temp to hire
- Location: Wallingford, CT.
- Salary: 30-33hr.
- Shift: 2nd shift
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.