For almost 50 years, Monroe Staffing Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Monroe Staffing is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to work in Shelton, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Mechanical Design Engineer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Utilizing Solidworks to design Motion control systems.
- We are looking for someone with working knowledge of motors, sensors, vision systems, encoders, linear and rotary motion systems and fluidic controls and design.
- Ability to calculate loads, acceleration and velocity.
Strong experience with product data managements systems and engineering processes. Strong knowledge of engineering materials, manufacturing techniques and quality controls.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time.
- BS Mechanical Engineering (Masters preferred) and 5+ years' experience in the design and evaluation of instrumentation and automation products.
- Expertise in motion control systems development and analysis is highly desired.
- Experience with SolidWorks or PTC ProEngineer and Microsoft Excel
- Duration: 3-month contract
- Location: Shelton, CT.
- Salary: $40-61hr.
- Shift: 1st
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.