About Monroe Staffing Services:
Founded in 1969, Monroe Staffing Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Engineering, Information Technology, Finance and Light Industrial. Monroe Staffing is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people. I specialize in technical staffing through our Engineering Division.
We are currently seeking a Lab Technologist to work for a client in Branford, CT.
Job Title: Lab Technologist
Location: Branford, CT
Perform clinical genetic laboratory tests, procedures and analysis to provide data for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease in adult, children and newborns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare specimens for analysis and organizes tests to be performed.
- Prepares and properly labels reagents required for laboratory testing.
- Conduct genetic analysis of blood, saliva, dried blood spots or human tissue to determine presence of abnormal sequence changes.
- Review test results for QC purposes, maintain legible work records, and enter findings into the laboratory information systems. Perform routine preventative maintenance on instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure.
- Verify proper instrument function by checking and calibrating lab instruments and document data.
- Records on instrument log any repairs, replacement and maintenance performed on laboratory instruments. Participate, as requested, in the training of new employees.
- Abides by laboratory safety policies and procedures.
- The list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be substituted as necessary.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in a medical technology or biology degree.
- Position will start as a first shift but may be required to move to second shift as company needs change.
- Weekend rotation may be required.
- Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear protective lab gear including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Travel is not required. Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab.
- Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds
Duration: 12+ month contract
Location: Branford, CT
Salary: $18.00-$21.00hr (W2 contract)
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.