Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Lab Technologist to work for one of our clients in Branford, CT.
Performs clinical genetic laboratory tests, procedures and analysis to provide data for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease in adult, children and newborns.
- Prepare specimens for analysis and organizes tests to be performed.
- Prepares and properly labels reagents required for laboratory testing.
- Conduct genetic analysis of blood, saliva, dried blood spots or human tissue to determine presence of abnormal sequence changes.
- Review test results for QC purposes, maintain legible work records and enter findings into the laboratory information systems.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure.
- Verify proper instrument function by checking and calibrating lab instruments and document data.
- Records on instrument log any repairs, replacement and maintenance performed on laboratory instruments.
- Abides by laboratory safety policies and procedures.
- Participate, as requested, in the training of new employees.
- The list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be substituted as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology or Medical Technology preferred, must at least have an Associate's degree
- Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear protective lab gear including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab.
- Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
- 1 year contract assignment
- Pay up to $20/hour
- Position will start as 1st shift but may be required to move to 2nd shift as company needs change, weekend rotation may also be required
- Travel is not required
Monroe Staffing Services is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.