depends on experience
about 2 years ago
Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are seeking Lab Technicians to work for a client in Trumbull, CT. There are two openings for this role.
As a Lab Technician, you will be responsible for assisting in the formulation development of new global innovations for cleansing products. The manager would prefer someone who has previous lab batching experience. This role will require the person to make batches of skin care products, data entry into lab notebooks, provide samples for stability and all testing. Needs Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint skills.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Following process instructions to formulate various cleansing formulations.
- Maintaining a laboratory notebook which captures formulation details, processing steps and time/temperature notes for the duration of each formulation batch.
- Managing the laboratory inventory of raw materials (surfactants, acids, bases, etc.) ensuring the lab area is appropriately stocked.
- Filling, labeling and shipping prototype samples for consumer testing.
- Maintaining a clean and safe laboratory work area while adhering to Unilever safety protocols.
- Analyzing product attributes including pH, viscosity, rheology, density, appearance and color.
Requirements for this position include:
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree required in Biology, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- At least 2 years of laboratory experience (college level or professional)
Proficiency with laboratory skills including:
- Making solutions
- pH measurements
- Basic laboratory equipment; hot plates, heating mantles, mixing units, etc.
- Viscosity and rheology measurements
Intermediate computer skills:
- Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint proficiency required
- Employee must be able to occasionally lift up to 35 lbs
- Employee must be able to be on their feet for a significant portion of the day
- 1st shift
- 6 month contract assignment
- Pay: $18/hour
Monroe Staffing Services is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.