For almost 50 years, Monroe Staffing Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Monroe Staffing is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Manager in Shelton, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Manufacturing Manager your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
directing employees to support application of machining techniques and quality principles by improving processes for prototype, pre-production and production development.
The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for but not limited to the following essential job duties:
- Coordinate daily shop activities, provide training, mentoring, and technical support, and identifying shop requirements (i.e., supplies, tools, machine repairs) while working directly with engineers, plus hands-on machining as required
- Direct report to Shop Department
- Direct report to the manager of the Finishing Department
- Supervise Tool Crib and Maintenance personnel and ensure all logs are in compliance with ISO regulations and Oerlikon quality systems
- Assisting with job quoting and job planning as well as continuous improvements
- Measure Department Productivity and Overall Equipment Efficiency and schedule coverage in cost effective ways.
- Train/Audit and continually monitor all quality systems.
- Produce reports as required utilizing MRP, ERP and M.S. Office
- Daily supervision of plant and equipment maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- Ensures safety methods and housekeeping practices are in place in order to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Required to attend and complete job specific training and annual safety training.
- Ensures safety methods and housekeeping practices are in place in order to maintain a safe and healthy work environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have expertise and proficiency with the following:
- S. or B.A., or equivalent experience. Technical degree preferred,
- Highly organized, self-motivated, safety and team focused
- Excellent communication, and teamwork skills in a high-tech, medical machine shop.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Duration: Permanent
- Location: Shelton, CT.
- Salary: depending on experience.
- Benefits: yes
- Shift: 1st
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.